Over tumbled brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just made a bonehead mistake. I needed to reload some 257 weatherby for the upcoming deer season and forgot about my tumbler (walnut media). Those cases spent 48 hours in the tumbler. Yeah I know, real rookie move. My question is would you be hesitant reloading these casings since it is a magnum load? The casings are once fired if that makes any difference.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No worries. If the load is good enough for 1 hour tumbled brass then it would be good for 2 day tumbled brass. Ive tumbled LOADED ammunition that long with zero ill affect

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say you are fine, the media removes the dirt but should just polish the brass. The use the walnut shell media in sand blasting stuff that cannot be altered like airplane and helo gear boxes. If you're still worried, try a light midrange load on a couple and send them down the pipe and inspect your brass. Good luck.

Jeff

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run mine for at least a day, before i bought my tumbler i'd shot and lost most of my pretty brass. Some of what i've got left is pretty dirty. I've run a few batches for two days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom