Over tumbled brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get yousrself a timer, I like the dusk to dawn timers and put some black tape over the photo cell turn it to 4 hrs and you are good to go.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am in the mood to get everything cleaned up and ready to go stuff runs in the tumbler for an hour or so just to clean it enough to reload it. I had a batch in last night for 4 hours then had a really nasty batch went in overnight for 8 hours I just got done dumping out and bagging. I wish I had the patience to let all my brass tumble overnight, you can't even tell the shoulders were annealed on that batch of brass it came out so clean. I have about 400 rounds of .45 to load today then I need to demount my lee progressive and mount my RCBS single stage so I can start popping primers and swaging my 5.56 brass in preparation to convert it to 300 blackout.

Depending on the vibratory tumbler your biggest risk is a fire started by a shorted out motor. With con cob media or walnut media I don't think you can polish your brass for too long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom