Overturning a Weapons Ban?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I would have to go check, but IIRC a tax as a means of a prohibition is also extralegal/unconstitutional also, regardless of what that Commie said.
I believe you are incorrect on this. The .gov has used taxation (tax stamps) to ban/prohibit things. Look at the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937.

It basically states you must have a tax stamp, like the NFA tax stamp, to buy/sell/produce marijuana, but the would not sell anyone the tax stamp.

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda the problem with the our country today, its all about how you "interpret" what has been done, and what words were used. Me thinks our founding fathers are turning in their graves over how we as a country manipulate the wording of everything to suit our purposes.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I would have to go check, but IIRC a tax as a means of a prohibition is also extralegal/unconstitutional also, regardless of what that Commie said.
I believe you are incorrect on this. The .gov has used taxation (tax stamps) to ban/prohibit things. Look at the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937.

It basically states you must have a tax stamp, like the NFA tax stamp, to buy/sell/produce marijuana, but the would not sell anyone the tax stamp.

Like the NFA issue, until there is a Constitutional challenge to the rule, these things are often allowed to stand. That makes the lawmakers incorrect, not the questioners. Just because the silly .gov does something does not make it inherently correct.

Again, how is it possible that we regularly comment on the Seat of Government's lack of skill and intelligence, but are readily prepared to accept their silliness at face value?

And before we go down that path, US v Miller did not challenge the NFA on the Stamp issue. However, was the Revolutionary War not partially caused by something called the Stamp Act?

Latest posts

Top Bottom