Owasso: Man shot during apparent home invasion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All they have to do is break in. Armed or not, doesn't matter.

B. A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

1. The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against the will of that person from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle

E. A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle of another person is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

F. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, way too open ended. It should be a clear case of exactly what JB said. Intent is insued. Make-my-day or castle-doctrine should ring clearly.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God willing I will never have to face the kind of situation that would force me to take someone else's life. Seriously guys ... I feel for everyone who is touched by this ... the homeowner, his family, even the BG's family ... one person does something idiotic and it just tears up so many other lives. I will never understand ...

ocphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God willing I will never have to face the kind of situation that would force me to take someone else's life. Seriously guys ... I feel for everyone who is touched by this ... the homeowner, his family, even the BG's family ... one person does something idiotic and it just tears up so many other lives. I will never understand ...

very true, prayers out for all the others involved

Latest posts

Top Bottom