P365 count me in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never thought I was going to drop the Sig on the ground while shooting. Still the same 2.5 finger grip as the Shield, and the pinky extension gives the full grip.

More comfortable grip than my g27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have been following this post and im wondering. Of the Glock 43 and the Sig 365 what one would any of you choose over the other for an edc pistol and why?
They both sound great.
I have had the 43 in my hand but it seems to be a little short in the grip for me. Is the 365 longer in the grip?

I have shot the Sig P365 a few times, but it just felt too small to me. I have a G43, which I’ve had for over 3 1/2 years now, and I just shoot it much better. I usually carry it with an extended mag. It’s all about which pistol you can shoot well. I also have a PPS M2, and am really warming up to this gun too. It may be seeing a bunch of holster time soon. I tried the Shield , but the magic just wasn’t there. It was the grip... felt like a banana to me. But hey, isn’t it great to have choices? Go with whichever feels best to you and you shoot best too.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have been following this post and im wondering. Of the Glock 43 and the Sig 365 what one would any of you choose over the other for an edc pistol and why?
They both sound great.
I have had the 43 in my hand but it seems to be a little short in the grip for me. Is the 365 longer in the grip?

Longer in which dimension? Slide to bottom of magwell, they’re about the same. Front strap to back strap, the Sig is a little more narrow.

For carry, they’re both great. If you prefer the Glock grip angle and trigger, and capacity isn’t a concern; go with the 43. If you like a more standard angle and potentially significantly higher capacity; go with the Sig. I like the Sig trigger better, and 23 rounds on hand (10+1 in the gun and 12 for a reload) is significant enough to me to go with the Sig.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Longer in which dimension? Slide to bottom of magwell, they’re about the same. Front strap to back strap, the Sig is a little more narrow.

For carry, they’re both great. If you prefer the Glock grip angle and trigger, and capacity isn’t a concern; go with the 43. If you like a more standard angle and potentially significantly higher capacity; go with the Sig. I like the Sig trigger better, and 23 rounds on hand (10+1 in the gun and 12 for a reload) is significant enough to me to go with the Sig.
That's exactly the way I would have described them. Let me add in OldPhart's overlay photo the Sig is shown with no mag inserted. The standard ten rounder is the one I'll use when carrying and the 12 will be extra. The one with the finger rest might be better for those that want just a little more length on the grip for purchase or when drawing it out of your pockect/holster for hooking your finger on. The 12 rounder could be the one you want to use for all day carry but then you lose part of the concealibility of the gun especially for pocket carry. @druryj and I actually did a side by side comparison and there's not much difference in size. But holding them both in your hands at the same time the 365 seemed less bulky and lighter to me. Like he said it's whatever feels best to you. What I'm still amazed by is the magazine itself holding 10 rounds. As we get older and the aches and pains start setting in being able to carry a gun all day long with this much capacity that doesn't weigh 2lbs is great option. Time will tell if this magazine design will hold up or if there will be trouble down the road with durability. Now you can takes this for what you think it's worth but for this old j frame guy , the P365 fills the bill.

Last edited:

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a P365 in a swap born on 4/18/18. I took it to Big Boys today and put 200 rounds from 4 different manufacturers ammo through it, S&B, Remington, American Eagle and Blazer Brass. It is accurate, has a great trigger out of the box and I experienced only two incidents of the slide not locking back which I am certain was because the thumb on my strong hand was riding over the slide stop. See the attached pic of so-called primer smear. The casings at the bottom are from the P365. The casings at the top are from my LCP. I'll put some more through it but impressed thus far.
fullsizeoutput_14bd.jpeg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran another box of 50 through the P365, that's 500. I posted this on the other thread but I've been using 3 different holsters for it. The Vedders light tuck and pocket holster. The tacticool strut/claw on the light tuck works really well on pulling the grip in tight. I also have the Ritchies nighthawk that I use too because I LIKE LEATHER. I believe any of these choices would work well if someone wants a useful holster for theirs that is moderately priced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom