P365 vs Shield In Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the shield EZ in 380 or 9mm. Designed with the more "mature" shooter :cool: Should translate into smaller folks as well. 380 EZ shot extremely soft.
Yeah, she isnt THAT recoil sensitive that she needs a 380. Shes more than capable with 9mm. Problem with the Shield EZ is they are bigger than the shield and p365 for concealing.

Either way we are going to Murfs tomorrow (if open) to compare the two.

We also went to Academy and got our hands on one. Both my kid and I feel the p365 feels a lot better in the hand than the Shield does

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
20200323_180613.jpg

I put one of these sleeves on my shield and it really absorbs the recoil well. I did it for big hands and the recoil reduction was just icing on the cake LOL. If she does not like the 365 you might give this a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/Pachmayr-Tac...hield+grip+sleave&qid=1585005252&sr=8-3-spell

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Pachmayr tactical grip on several of my semi autos.On the smaller guns like the shield or G43X I will put 2 or 3 layers of bicycle inner tube around the grip and that helps if you have big hands.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@rc508pir; you might consider the Hornady CD Lite rounds for her, 90 grains for less recoil, but tests I've seen still show decent results in gel anyway. Having said that, I had a Shield, and it was jumpy in my hands, I felt it was the design of the grip more than a function of recoil. I do shoot my 365 better, but it took some getting used to due to it's small size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom