Palmetto State Armory 1911, any experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The two tone gun wouldn't look half bad if it weren't for the PSA logo on the slide.

At $600...I'd save up a little more $ and opt for a Reaction model from Fusion Firearms (see link below) or a SA Range Officer or Loaded. At least you know what you're getting. If this goes anything like their AK venture, PSA needs to just stick to the AR platform.

https://www.fusionfirearms.com/freedom-series-reaction
Your right of course but I'm a curious sort of fellow and DHargrove has me intrigued.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is what I just sent to PSA...
Good Morning,
I am looking into your 1911 series pistols as I have a small space reserved in the safe for a new one. The questions I have are parts specific and I am sure asked of you frequently.
1. Frame manufacturer and forged or not.
2. Slide manufacturer and forged or not
3. barrel manufacturer
4. Internals provided MIM or not.

I have several of your AR platforms and have been impressed with their reliability, I do however have an aversion to philippine made 1911 types and just want to ensure I would be getting an American made 1911. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
David J. Hargrove
CW4, U.S.Army(R)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I really have no aversion to RIA and the such, just asking PSA their sourcing. I assume I will receive the typical BS about quality and usage by other major manufactures with no real detail as to where they source their components.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Neither do I, yet they seem to be sold out frequently. Must be either really good and being kept a secret, or nothing to write home about and limited production. Either way the idea is intriguing to me..

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither do I, yet they seem to be sold out frequently. Must be either really good and being kept a secret, or nothing to write home about and limited production. Either way the idea is intriguing to me..
The intriguing part of your last post is exactly what I told coolhand. Great minds... Ha

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The two tone gun wouldn't look half bad if it weren't for the PSA logo on the slide.

At $600...I'd save up a little more $ and opt for a Reaction model from Fusion Firearms (see link below) or a SA Range Officer or Loaded. At least you know what you're getting. If this goes anything like their AK venture, PSA needs to just stick to the AR platform.

https://www.fusionfirearms.com/freedom-series-reaction
Since PSA took over DDI, their AKs are doing very well

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on the specs it appears that the slides are forged, frames are likely cast. At that price point parts will be MIM and not forged.

Does PSA ever share where their parts are sourced from aside from barrels?
PSA uses FN LPKs in their freedom line of ARs. I am seeing less CHF barrels from FN being sold on uppers here lately though.

PSA does seem to attempt to put quality parts in their guns. Like you said about the AKs, their first attempt weren't bad but they weren't great either. Teaming up with DDI was a smart move, though I still wouldn't put one up against a milspec ComBlok made AK. Still, they're better than any American made AK

Latest posts

Top Bottom