Palmetto State Armory 1911, any experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since PSA took over DDI, their AKs are doing very well

There were pages upon pages on AK related forums stating quite the opposite upon their initial release after aquiring DDI. Hopefully they have cleaned up their act since that time, but the first batch of post-DDI PSA AK rifles that hit the market were quite the cluster****.

Still, they're better than any American made AK

Better than most, but that's a very short measuring stick.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were pages upon pages on AK related forums stating quite the opposite upon their initial release after aquiring DDI. Hopefully they have cleaned up their act since that time, but the first batch of PSA AK rifles that hit the market were quite the cluster****.
Most notably the AKFiles I'm sure. Ya have to take into account that more than half the dumbasses have no idea what they are talking about and just parroting someone else. If you believe everyone over there, the PSAK was as bad as the Century RAS47 and C39V2 (which the RAS is far worse). Ro Ski has tested a couple of the PSAKs, one was a 1st gen which faired marginally. The 2nd he did faired MUCH better (Close to a ComBlok AK) and he abuses them pretty well, short of being full auto abuse anyway

Century still cant get their **** together though

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most notably the AKFiles I'm sure. Ya have to take into account that more than half the dumbasses have no idea what they are talking about and just parroting someone else. If you believe everyone over there, the PSAK was as bad as the Century RAS47 and C39V2 (which the RAS is far worse). Ro Ski has tested a couple of the PSAKs, one was a 1st gen which faired marginally. The 2nd he did faired MUCH better (Close to a ComBlok AK) and he abuses them pretty well, short of being full auto abuse anyway

Century still cant get their **** together though

The main issues that I witnessed were misrepresentation of forged vs cast parts and shoddy assembly practices. In complete honesty, I have no experience with PSA so I have no prejudices against them one way or another. However, having seen photos of some of their assembly handiwork on those particular rifles, I am hesitant to trust that a 1911 would be as well and correctly fitted as they claim...even if the sourced parts are of reputable quality. To me $600 is a lot of money on chance when $700-$800 gets you a sure thing.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The main issues that I witnessed were misrepresentation of forged vs cast parts and shoddy assembly practices. In complete honesty, I have no experience with PSA so I have no prejudices against them one way or another. However, having seen photos of their some of their assembly handiwork on those particular rifles, I am hesitant to trust that a 1911 would be as well and correctly fitted as they claim...even if the sourced parts are of reputable quality. To me $600 is a lot of money on chance when $700-$800 gets you a sure thing.
I hear very few complaints about PSA AKs since PSA took over DDI, obviously your hearing different. Id also take a Rock Island Armory 1911 in a heart beat. Not pretty but (well actually they are now) you can get a GI model for $400. A 1911 doesn't have to be fitted and tuned for it to work and work well. But I agree with you on the PSA not being a sure thing, wouldn't buy one unless they had good reviews on them. The thing is, somebody has to buy them and use them to see how well or poorly they work. Very few gun companies EVER put out a 100% out the gate. There are almost always unanticipated problems that come about from consumer use en mass. Look at Sigs 320 drop problem. It happens,

Even then id still buy the RIA 1911 because its less $

Latest posts

Top Bottom