Pants sizing for CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much larger than normal size does everyone wear for an IWB holstered CCW? I tried digging some info up on the internet, but I got searched to death with random crap that didn't make any sense. I was looking into an MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck and I was curious how much bigger, if at all, you folks went.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry exclusively IWB and normally (without guns) wear a 32 or 33 waist. Some of my 33's are already sufficient to wear with any of my holsters/guns. As everyone knows pants vary from brand to brand but in general terms 1" more should be plenty IF your pants aren't already too tight :) then you might need 2"

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wear 5.11 type pants you should be able to wear your regular size. The holsters you mentioned depending on the gun should be okay with what you already wear if not try one size bigger. Hope that helps

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since losing some weight, I wear a size bigger...40's...I carry IWB SA XD40 or Commandr size 1911 with a Crossbreed QwikClip and never have any issues, other than the weght of the gun sagging my baggy jeans just a lil....I just cinch my belt a tad tighter then.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to add about 2" to really carry comfortably all day. I can make do with my regular pants size, but it's not really fun driving for a long time...

I carry a Kahr P9. My VMII takes up less room, but doesn't conceal nearly as well as my MTAC. The VMII isn't long enough for short guns to press the butt up into your side.

Also, depending on what you're carrying and what your pants size is, the Phantom may not work too well...for me, with a 1911, the holster just didn't have enough flex to conform to my shape since it's all kydex. I'm a 30. I imagine it could work for someone bigger.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to add about 2" to really carry comfortably all day. I can make do with my regular pants size, but it's not really fun driving for a long time...

I carry a Kahr P9. My VMII takes up less room, but doesn't conceal nearly as well as my MTAC. The VMII isn't long enough for short guns to press the butt up into your side.

Also, depending on what you're carrying and what your pants size is, the Phantom may not work too well...for me, with a 1911, the holster just didn't have enough flex to conform to my shape since it's all kydex. I'm a 30. I imagine it could work for someone bigger.

I haven't been a size 30 since I was in junior high ;) 34 or 36 depending on the pants hehe...

Latest posts

Top Bottom