Pants sizing for CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your waist is any bigger than 36, you probably won't want to carry IWB.

I used to in my thinner youth, but can stand it no longer.:spaghetti:

SteveD2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar issue/question. I've started to wear my pants with the waist band somewhere around the middle of my butt or lower (in keeping with the latest fashion trend). Now, when I sit down it's uncomfortable because I'm sitting on my CCW (also not good for quick/easy access), and I'm sitting lopsided (about 1" higher on the right side). I've tried moving the position from 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock, but as you can imagine, THAT'S not very comfortable either :yikes2: and it looks kind of funny :eek2: if I have to bend over for any reason. Also, with the weight of my CCW, my pants keep wanting to fall down.

Anyone who has had (and resolved) this problem, I'd appreciate hearing how you did it. Thanks.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What holster and belt? Buddy told me a GOOD belt will make a huge difference. He said a solid gun belt would be great, something like crossbreed or comp-tac, or in a pinch, a black rigger's belt would be great. I have an older rigger's belt I sized my holster I ordered for. I ordered a Comp Tac CTAC with the standard clips. If I don't like those I'll try the J hooks or something. Too much of the weight of your gun is on your pants and not your belt. Sounds silly, but it kinda makes sense.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/G...efault.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=43

http://www.amazon.com/Blackhawk-Rescue-Riggers-Large-Black/dp/B001DZR8R4

Last one's more 'economical' and I don't think they look bad with jeans.

SteveD2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar issue/question. I've started to wear my pants with the waist band somewhere around the middle of my butt or lower (in keeping with the latest fashion trend). Now, when I sit down it's uncomfortable because I'm sitting on my CCW (also not good for quick/easy access), and I'm sitting lopsided (about 1" higher on the right side). I've tried moving the position from 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock, but as you can imagine, THAT'S not very comfortable either :yikes2: and it looks kind of funny :eek2: if I have to bend over for any reason. Also, with the weight of my CCW, my pants keep wanting to fall down.

Anyone who has had (and resolved) this problem, I'd appreciate hearing how you did it. Thanks.

Never mind. Thanks to all those who pm'ed me, but I think I've found the best solution to the problem....

I now carry in the 12 o'clock position. This way I'm not sitting on my CCW and, while my pants still want to fall down, I can not only hold them up with the trendy "front grab" technique but also can actually hold the grip of my CCW (handy for quick draw) at the same time.

Still have to deal with an awkward bulge, but it's not as embarrassing.

SteveD2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it, I give up. You guys are just no fun. No fun at all. (heavy sigh) :disappoin

Up one size should do it, BUT take a pair you like and put on your CCW. Then see how far apart the attachment points (whatever kind you have) above the zipper are (with the pants on, of course). However far apart they are is how much you need to go up in waist size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom