Passion of the Christ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I judge movies based on their abiltiy to make me feel something.

This one most definately accomplishes that feat. I feel humble and thankful throughout it's entirety.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when that picture came out there was a lot of uproar about it. I sorta knew what the Romans were capable of forensicly speaking... but for years I was willing to think that that death night and day happened in the "real time" it took to read it.

Seeing things played out like that takes some "denial" away.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. Our pastor preached on how graphic it actually would have been based on his years of research on Roman crucifixions. At least this movie tried to portray it closer than any before have.

I need to find it for Blue-ray.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your pastor sounds like a scholar. The movie is no where near what Christ actually went through. I watched it for the first time Saturday night. I think if I would watch it each time I am tempted to sin I think I would sin less.

Agreed. Our pastor preached on how graphic it actually would have been based on his years of research on Roman crucifixions. At least this movie tried to portray it closer than any before have.

I need to find it for Blue-ray.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but we did go to church Friday at noon for Stations of the Cross. No actors, but a lot of praying and remembering. I had never been, and have been a member of that Episcopal church since 1970. My wife wanted to go. I was glad after we went. Just kinda helps put you more where you're probably supposed to be. Our 8 year old was not so excited about it, but did have questions.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Intense movie. Once was enough for me. The scene with Judas reminded me of the line from Bob Dylan's "With God on Our Side."

In a many dark hour
I've been thinkin' about this
That Jesus Christ
Was betrayed by a kiss
But I can't think for you
You'll have to decide
Whether Judas Iscariot
Had God on his side

Latest posts

Top Bottom