Paul Harrell: Survival box buried for fourteen years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this subliminal?

1715475419670.png

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure I would trust an MRE that old, sad to see him in this condition. :cry3:
Funny you’d say that. Just two nights ago I ate one that was inspected in 2000 to satisfy my curiosity. Everything was totally fine with the exception of the entree which had leaked so no way I was going to risk that. 😉 Unfortunately I had to store them in a shed for a couple years and with 120° temps outside I’m sure it didn’t do them any good. Think I’ll crack open a couple others just to see if any are still okay. FYI I did get new entrees With a 2023 date so they’ll be good for 5-10 years I’m sure.

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you’d say that. Just two nights ago I ate one that was inspected in 2000 to satisfy my curiosity. Everything was totally fine with the exception of the entree which had leaked so no way I was going to risk that. 😉
Eat the peanut butter? That stuff might last a millennium or more.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you’d say that. Just two nights ago I ate one that was inspected in 2000 to satisfy my curiosity. Everything was totally fine with the exception of the entree which had leaked so no way I was going to risk that. 😉 Unfortunately I had to store them in a shed for a couple years and with 120° temps outside I’m sure it didn’t do them any good. Think I’ll crack open a couple others just to see if any are still okay. FYI I did get new entrees With a 2023 date so they’ll be good for 5-10 years I’m sure.
Hey, if'n the 1979 army can make me eat C rats which were dated 1950 and not get sick, I wouldn't have any qualms eating MRE's as long as there was no sign of damage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom