Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the cold & wet that I worries me, my tennis shoes are sponges & boots are heavy. Just man up & wear warmer socks. I have looked at several light weight boots but never pulled the trigger.

I have really nice set of under Armour boots, but they would be no match for anything cold, thick socks or not. They are high top and REALLY light and breathe really well. I'm waiting till it gets closer and I'll look for some thinsulate boots of some sort, if weather is gonna be bad.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Muck Woodland Explorer boots ( http://www.muckboots.com/woodland-s-explorer-mossy-oak-break-up ) for $40 on Camofire awhile back. Got them specifically for trail running and hiking when it's too wet/muddy to wear my Kenetrek Mid-Bridgers. The Muck's broke in easy and aren't too heavy or too insulated. I've used them on several runs and so far so good. Before that, I was using my hunting boots and they were just too heavy and cumbersome.

For sock choices, whether it's 0 or 100 degrees, merino wool is the only sock material I'll wear.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMAG1681_zpsedabb27b.jpg

Recent weather has been a good training opportunity

Latest posts

Top Bottom