Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the preparation jitters and we are still four weeks away.

The thought of run n gun makes me laugh. You take a group of men whom problably 95% or more you could not bribe, beat or force them to run more than 30 ft, but you give them a "competition" that involves guns & gear and you have a wait list.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The thought of run n gun makes me laugh. You take a group of men whom problably 95% or more you could not bribe, beat or force them to run more than 30 ft, but you give them a "competition" that involves guns & gear and you have a wait list.

Smokey (the founder of the Pecos Run N Gun) put this very well:
He was addressing his then 12 year old daughter who thought it was insane that people would drive across the country and pay money to run in the desert risking heat stroke, rattlesnake bites, and a guaranteed miserable time. He said "never underestimate what a man will do for a merit badge".

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I exercise twice a year, once in January and once in July.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good pic. Did a 4.3 mile trail run tonight with my rifle and gear. Felt pretty good. Unfortunately, I am on the wait list.
Well look on the bright side, even If you don't make pawnee, you'll be that much more ready for the Brutal Goat in April.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like you're combo training for Pawnee and the Team Safari. A buddy and I are 99% committed to go this year. The indecisive 1% is a matter of writing the entry fee check.

Always training. Got to keep the point of the spear sharp:fullauto:

My partner and I are heading back to Team Safari as well. We have to redeem ourselves. If you have any questions, let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom