Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, Al and Daniel.

Thanks for inviting us to give you feedback. It's great of you guys to let us make suggestions. Here are one or two thoughts from me.
1. Maybe have a rifle stage where the start line is 100 yards from the shooting position. That way guys who get a long wait time, like I did on a couple stages, would still have to get their heart rate up a bit before they shoot. (But if you incorporate that, please God don't do it on the 500 yard stage!). Or maybe tote the ammo can up the hill as part of your shoot time?
2. I really liked the dog target. I'd like to see that somewhere next time as well.
3. I liked the movement on stage 3--hit the target, move to another position, hit, move, etc. Seemed like very good practice.
4. On stage 3, I liked all the positions except the sideways gap. The roof was really creative, the over-under wall was another good one, and the truck was yet another good idea. I don't get the sideways shooting concept, though. If the idea is to simulate leaning sideways out from behind a car and shooting from beneath the bumper, or something like that, is that something we would realistically do when the target is 200+ yards away? If it was that far, I think I'd be more likely to lean across the hood--still showing a very small target to the evildoers, but much quicker to get my hits (for me, at least). I might shoot sideways underneath the bumper at shorter range, but it seems difficult to me to imagine a scenario where I'd shoot like that at 250 yards. But like I say, I really liked the overall idea on that stage.

That's it for me. Thanks again, guys, for your creativity in stage design and for putting on such a great match. It was great practice, very thought-provoking, and an excellent opportunity for checking how my gear really holds up, how I hold up, and how my shooting holds up. I know what to work on and will be looking forward to the next one!

Mike (frayluisfan)

Last edited:

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks again for another great run. I didn't do as well as I wanted but that's my own fault.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Maybe have two different sessions. One in the morning and one in the afternoon so that people don't have to wake up at 5:00 in the morning and not run until 1:00.

2. Have a "pick up" gun stage again. During the first run n gun at Thunderbird you had a shotgun stage and the first winter run n gun, you had a mosin stage. I thought those were really cool and could be a reality type thing in a real world situation.

3. I like the idea of unknown distance targets and what about moving targets?

4. Bring back the vtac wall - but not past 100 yards

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanksfor all the suggestions - some are doable, some are logistically impossible. I'm going to work with Dan tonight on the next course of fire, and we'll try to implement some of the suggestions here, and ones I heard over the weekend.
We'll be on the next installment of Spearhead Transmission, discussing the RNG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom