pedestrian saving a parking space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I should give more information. I pulled into a recently vacated spot in front of my daughters dorm (lots of people moving out) at the same time a guy with a cell phone steps off the curb. I stop, nowhere near him, because I thought he was just crossing the street. He stops and glares at me and then steps back up on the sidewalk and I finish pulling in. He starts ranting on his phone, pretty obviously about me. A minute or so later, his wife? pulls up and he starts loading his daughter's stuff in his car in the street. I get dirty looks the entire time we are loading my car. (But I think he was from Texas.:lmfao:)

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh ... poor guy was probably in the "gotta act out to keep she that must be obeyed off his butt" mode.

Now ... if you'd been sitting waiting for someone to back out of a spot on your right, turn signals on, they're backing out, and before their backup lights go off someone comes zipping in from the left between you and the person who just backed out and into the space...

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had someone dang near back into me to get a spot at of all places Wall Mart. I was driving my Explorer then and cared about front end damage so I let the entitled individual get the spot.

With my truck I piss the Mrs off with parking where i know I can get out. Generally this means backing in or parking towards the back of the lot.

As far as the individual is concerned. A quick blast from the air horn generally causes them to backup a bit. If not once the winch mount makes first contact the soft tissue usually moves pretty quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom