Persistance pays off... a little

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trapping pigs has been difficult the last month. They came out one night and dozed through the pasture, then disappear for a week. Then one night came through and doze it up again. I have not seen two consecutive night where they are on the same pattern. They are waiting 6 or 7 days between visits before they hit again. I have been consistant with keeping the traps baited, even though they are not there every night. Finally Friday night they made a visit and I managed to get one in the trap. Got a little boar that weighed 50 or 60 lbs. I would have much rathered a little sow. I got him transfered from the trap to the catch pen, so gonna use him for bait now. Decoy pig makes the best bait IMO.

[Broken External Image]

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better be careful posting pics like that...1. PETA is gonna be knocking on your door...2. FGST is gonna be knocking your door down wanting fresh Bacon...lol

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any tree huggin, hippie, PETA member that shows up at my door will not be shot right off, but will be handed a rake and shovel to go fix all the damage in the pasture. Until that is complete, the trap will run. They will be more than welcome to get in the catch pen and pet the pig and tell him it isn't his fault and everything will be OK. :)

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any tree huggin, hippie, PETA member that shows up at my door will not be shot right off, but will be handed a rake and shovel to go fix all the damage in the pasture. Until that is complete, the trap will run. They will be more than welcome to get in the catch pen and pet the pig and tell him it isn't his fault and everything will be OK. :)

:rollingla

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I like that way of thinking:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom