Photo shoot participants bringing firearms into Lincoln County Court House- News link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how this is going to play out?

http://www.news9.com/story/14701976...triggers-police-investigation?redirected=true

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A dozen Oklahoma women who posed for a gun-filled photo shoot at the Lincoln County Courthouse are now under investigation.

They call themselves "Heels Packing Heat." They were fully armed the weekend they shot several pictures for a fundraiser.

It's against the law to bring a firearm into a courthouse.

The photos were supposed to go in a calendar to raise money for the Lincoln County Republicans. The women posed as snipers and on motorcycles. They even went as far as taking the shoot inside the Lincoln County Courthouse.

Steve Buoy, the chairman of the Lincoln County Republicans, says he had no idea where the shoot would take place.

"The ladies in the group wanted to get together to do a fundraiser. Come to find out today, I guess we've stepped on some toes," Buoy said.

Sheriff Charlie Dougherty says a county commissioner let the women in the courthouse. The move has upset judges and spurred an investigation.

Sheriff Dougherty has seen the surveillance video of the photo shoot, and the pictures posted on Facebook. He says he doesn't think the women meant any harm, but the law is the law and no guns are allowed in a courthouse.

"I don't know where they were going with this, but in our investigation I haven't got to talk to all these people. So I don't know what their intentions was (sic). I don't think they intended on violating any laws. I think it was very innocent."

News 9 could not reach any of the women involved in the shoot, but Buoy says they regret their actions.

"We will rectify it and apologize to the judges, and whoever else might have been offended, and try to make it right."

The women could face a misdemeanor charge for possession of a firearm inside a public building

I wonder if this situation falls under this law?

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69745

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting how it says the women could face charges. What about the county commissioner? He let them him.

He will get a firm talking to. His kind don't seem to get in trouble the way an every day citizen would.

I looked at the pictures. Kinda expecting something different.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They shouldn't face any charges on this. Simply inform everyone involved that it's against the law and to not do it again. Enforcement of minor violations with no intent to violate the spirit of the law has always been discretionary and should remain so. Some people get too wrapped around the axle over silly stuff. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are we to believe that the models brought the guns into the court house? That's who needs to be charged if anyone. Hey girls! We are doing a shoot at the courthouse. Bring all your guns.

Simply touching a gun in a courthouse? Hmmm....Sounds like that other country across the pond.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think these women should skate with a warning, there was obviously no ill intent here. The way judges tend to misbehave recently, it's a wonder they haven't had people WITH ill intent come into their courthouse!

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the story on the news and the camera man showed a shot of the sign on the front that said "No Concealed Firearms". They weren't concealed, they were all carried inside the courthouse in a box. If that's true, that means there was only one person, maybe two that carried those into the courthouse and then the ladies picked them out of the box for the photo. I think they should not be charged with anything.

scubaokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since when has Ignorance ever worked as an excuse for breaking the law? I guess I just don't know the right people...Whether you are licensed to carry a weapon or not you have to be thinking that this is not a good idea!

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like no criminal charges regarding the incident.

http://www.news9.com/story/14900497...photo-shoot-wont-face-charges?redirected=true

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Prosecutors will not file charges against a group of women who took pictures of themselves toting guns in the Lincoln County courthouse.

We first showed you these pictures of the group "Heels Packing Heat" last month...

Monday, the district attorney released a statement which says carrying guns into a courthouse is against the law and the women used poor judgment.

"I have met with the individuals involved, explained to them both the law and the reasons for the law, and set out conditions for each of the individuals to avoid the filing of criminal charges. Their response was appropriate and each individual has agreed to the conditions," Richard Smothermon, Lincoln County District Attorney.

Latest posts

Top Bottom