Someone threatened to “shoot up” and kill everyone at my wife’s office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Generally speaking about day-to-day activity, I see a much higher level of security at the gates at Altus AFB than at Ft Sill. It's maybe 50/50 if they even check my ID at Ft Sill. 100% guaranteed they'll check at Altus...oftentimes everyone in the car.
They 100% check the drivers ID at all the gates at Sill. They don't do a 100% vehicle occupant check on Sill except for random 100% spot checks and then random or Command driven 100% days. If you are getting on post at Sill without an ID and you are the driver, then that needs to be reported because that is unlawful and against Army regs, someone will fry for that.

As I said, AFB usually have higher security than Army posts because of the nature of what's on them.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
That's bullsh*t if they aren't doing their job. They are supposed to look at and scan every driver's ID. If they are not scanning your ID and you are the driver, you need to report them. I will snitch on a dude in 2 sec flat if he's screwing around with security.
They always scan mine. I've never not had them scan it, but there's always someone, I guess.

JR18

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe anyone was ever waved through at Sill and didn’t have there ID card scanned. Iv been to a navy post and had my ID card looked at but that’s happened only 1 time.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No additional security around the complex where she works was present today. It was very much business as usual. I’m pretty disgusted by it! For whatever reason, they are not taking the threat seriously.
Because the courts have ruled the government is not liable for your safety. Sad thing is, they do not want you to protect yourself either. Really, really sad thing is some people can not see what is coming. Sooner or later a person with a mental issue is going to shoot so many in a day care or something else horrible and the rest of us will only be allowed guns at our gun club, in lockers that we and the club manager have to open together.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because the courts have ruled the government is not liable for your safety. Sad thing is, they do not want you to protect yourself either. Really, really sad thing is some people can not see what is coming. the rest of us will only be allowed guns at our gun club, in lockers that we and the club manager have to open together.
Maybe you....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look guys, the anti-gunners ARE going to keep trying to take our guns. It is as simple as that. They will not stop until only the government has guns and preferably only enough to protect the elite. The peasants do not matter. The real problem with Red Flag laws is they are written by anti-gun nuts and are designed to take someone's guns away no matter what. We need to work on them so that the crazy is taken away for eval, not the guns. If the person is judged to be a violent threat then, and only then are guns removed and he is not allowed to buy more. Preferably he is not released until after a few years of treatment.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe anyone was ever waved through at Sill and didn’t have there ID card scanned. Iv been to a navy post and had my ID card looked at but that’s happened only 1 time.
Back when I took the storm chasing orientation at OU in the late '80s, they told us to be careful around Ft. Sill because it was easy to unknowingly get stuck on base. One of the teams had seen a hill that looked like a good place to observe storms building, so they'd driven to it and spent the better part of an hour observing the storms building.

When they tried to leave, they discovered that someone had closed a gate across the road they'd used to get to the hill. They never saw a guard, just the closed gate when they tried to leave. As I recall, they didn't even know they were on the base until they got back to the gate.

I'm sure being in a post-9/11 world makes a difference these days, but back in the day...

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go through the Fort Sill gate at least 6 times a week for four years and have always had my ID scanned. I have never been "waved" threw. But now it seems like just about anybody can get a visitor pass. Also, I have never had a random vehicle check so if I wanted to bring a gun on base with bad intent it would be too easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom