Pics from the week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never really realize how addicted you are to something till it is gone! Glad to see the site back up.

With all the good weather the last week, have had some good pig hunts, and a spontaneous coyote hunt. Me and my buddy tagteamed this pig one day last week, before the second round of the snow. We saw him from a ways off and put a stalk on him for about a hundred yards. I think he finally heard our crunching in the snow so I gave him a Texas heart shot as he was leaving. He ran down into a big draw so I went in after him to flush him out while my buddy sat on the rim, plan actually worked and buddy finished him off.

[Broken External Image]

I went back to the same place the next evening and pigs were in the same spot. I came from a different direction this time and snuck up on the whole herd. Shot the first one and he bolted, dragging his innards with him. The rest of the herd went down in a different big draw. I knew the land well and knew where they were headed, so I took off running and got downwind in a good ambush spot. The herd came down the creek and I could hear them crunching on the ice, took a poor shot at one through a small opening and missed as far as I could tell. For a second I was mad for taking the shot, but then the rest of the herd bolted through the brush coming directly towards me. I popped this fat sow at about 15 yards, she dropped and I zeroed in on another one and rolled it, but it got back up and ran off. I later heard it down in the brush squealing, I doubt it survived the night. Didn't bother going to find the first one, I was running out of daylight, so I'm sure he made a tasty dinner for some coyotes.

[Broken External Image]

Beaver traps finally thawed out enough to run them yesterday evening. I had one medium sized beaver. Got it on both sides of the trap, it wasn't going anywhere! Reset my trap, and made adjustments on the others. Went and looked the traps over this morning and there was one small beaver in one trap, and another trap was very disturbed, so there may be one in it, not sure... it was in deeper water. I didn't have my waders with me, so didn't get in the water. It was beaver #4 out of this lodge.

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like you had a great week to get in some shooting and trapping.
Most beaver I've ever taken from a lodge is three, so your the "leader of the pack" now:pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom