Piece of brass suck in die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget buying anything! Drill a hole thru the primer pocket being careful not to go to far and mess up the expanding die (ask me how I know) and then tap the hole. Find a few washers with a larger diameter hole than the OD of the case and one washer sized for the bolt. Stack the washers taller than the base of the case and with the die in a padded vise tighten the bolt and the case will come out.

Bobrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own the removal set, but have learned over time the easiest way is just to clamp tightly on to the case head with a good set of vice grip pliers then twist and pull. The case is already buggered-up, right?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imperial case sizing wax is your friend.

I've never stuck a case yet and I've been really close a few times. That is, until I started using this stuff. One little can will last for years.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please tell us how you got the case out.

As Woodcutter stated, Lee Dies have a built in case remover. I just loosened the retaining screw and tapped the end of the decapping pint unitl the piece of brass came out. Pretty simple....after someone told about it!

However...I do have brass mover kit ordered just in case it happens to a set of non-Lee Dies.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom