Piece of brass suck in die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
picture would help....

I don't have anyway to post a picture at this moment. Basically I was decapping some .223 and I think I missed putting some lube on a piece of brass and now it's stuck in the resizing die. There's only approximately 2mm of the brass sticking out.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
take the top of the die off and tap out with a screwdriver or something. sometimes they are stuck really good. i've torn up some brass before. try getting a stuck case removal tool from midway after you clear it.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is easy to remove stuck cases from a lee sizing die. They have a built-in stuck case remover. (The die directions explain how):
1. Loosen, but do not remove - the decapper clamp (On the top of the die)
2. Use a drift punch and large hammer (1-lb or larger) to tap lightly on the decapper rod and drive the stuck case free.
3. If you cannot get it out this way (But you should be able to get it out), send the die along with $4 to Lee and they will get it out for you.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried to loosen the screw that holds the decapping pin but it's rusted together...the guy that gave me this die set said they've been sitting in his attic for 20 plus years. Any suggestions on how to get it out? I've tried hitting the wrench with a hammer but it's starting to round off the edges of the screw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom