Pioneer lady merchantile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We go up there about twice a year. Everytime I eat there I get the grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup. One of my all time favorite meals, EVER. Wife loves the shop and the town has really gotten some nice shop in it the last couple years. My parents are coming out for 10 days over Thanksgiving for the first time in 23 years so we will make the pilgrimage to Pawhuska once again next month.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a good friend that has been good enough friends with the Drummond's he can walk in their back door; I suspect kwaynem would know who I am talking about, but don't matter none. Anyway, my friend says they are really good, down to earth folks, that they can get a bad rap, generally because people can just be jealous. He says they are all hard workers.

I was at a DU Banquet and when the auctioneer was having trouble selling an item, they'd not only bid the asking price, but bump it way up, against their selves, if nobody jumped in to take it. I asked someone "who the heck is that that bids against themselves and like doubles the price, at that!?". The guy I was with said - the Drummonds. I had just recently moved to OK, so that meant nothing to me at the time. Now I look back and realize they were just being supportive, not arrogant.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did a really quick search and found it easy enough. Are you suggesting Rea Drummond came up with her name to somehow capitalize on that statue and its story? I am not saying you are wrong - I personally, do not know the Drummonds. I see her in Reasor's on occasion, but have never spoken to her - apparently, you do know her or them to some level.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my mom was in Hospice care, Ree sent her a beautiful basket full of nice things and a nice card and a personal message in a sìgned cookbook.
When my dad was as serving as judge in Enid he had dealt with the Drummonds in a probate case over some land and mineral rights in Garfield county.
Mom's grandfather in Garber had known the Drummonds since way before WWII and my grandma had known Ree's mother well. Mom and Ree were friends for many years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom