Pistol advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was tossing around getting a Glock 26 or a Ruger LCR. Ended up with a Gen 4 Glock 19. I couldn't get use to the 26 grip where the 19 just melted into my hand. When I determined that I would not be pocket carrying whatever I got the decision was easy. The 19 is not any more difficult to conceal than the 26 and with the better grip/purchase I also get a few extra rounds in my mag.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have this problem occasionally. You know that what you have is good, but it doesn't stop you from wanting something else.

Obviously the Glock is a better carry gun than the SP101 for the most part. For it's size the 26 packs a lot of firepower, wrapped in an easy to shoot package. The only reason I'd recommend the snubby over the 26 would be if you truly shoot it better. Otherwise, stick with what you got. It's dull, boring, staid and doesn't engender any of those nostalgic feelings for simpler times. It's a simple tool that simply works.

I frequently yearn to carry my beloved 3" Model 66. I look at it sitting in the safe every time I strap on my Glock instead.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
+1 to GTG

I frequently yearn to carry my beloved 3" Model 66. I look at it sitting in the safe every time I strap on my Glock instead.

I do this all the time. Only it's a 2 3/4" Blued .357 Mag Speed Six. However awesome 6 rounds of .357 may be, it just doesn't compare to 16 9mm, in a lighter package, that recoils and comes back to target quicker. Not to mention another 15 behind that is a simple reload and only a couple seconds behind that. Carrying 24 rounds of backup .357 on your belt would be well nigh impossible!

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should I trade my Glock for another Ruger ?

TRADE again?
2 or 3 trades and you've paid for the gun twice.

Guns are not like girl friends. You can have as many as you want, play with whichever one you want, and none of them get jealous---the guns, not the girl friends. :brick:

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Fitz,

What is your preferred carry method? I find that the method pushes me into certain carry guns. There are lots of good ones. I use a G19 in a CTAC for IWB, and/or Kahr PM9 or S&W 442 for pocket.

Good luck,

Alan

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's nobody around here like that...

HUH?? WHAT???

Are you Glock 'em Down's long lost brother?

Doesn't take much for someone to go there!!
:pms2: :pms2: :pms2:

Shame on you!!! I thought you got that for ICORE!

+1 to GTG

I owe you a T-grip!!! Sorry for the delay!!

Ya'll ought to be ashamed picking on old Evan like that!! NOT!!!!!!! Bring it on!!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a new Ruger or S&W plastic revolver in .357 mag .It's small and lighter and you will carry it more. I won a LCR and didn't think I would like it over my S&W 442 or Taurus 850 CIA but ,I carry it the most. It's an oz lighter than the titanium 850.

Latest posts

Top Bottom