Pistol braces. What is the word?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleman 1981

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully, most Oklahoma sheriffs have come out saying they will not enforce the brace rule.
I’ll assure you it’s not gonna be the sheriff’s that enforce it, it’ll be the feds. Nothing pertaining to the nfa act of 34 can be enforced by a state or local government agency, those are federal charges

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll assure you it’s not gonna be the sheriff’s that enforce it, it’ll be the feds. Nothing pertaining to the nfa act of 34 can be enforced by a state or local government agency, those are federal charges
This is true, but for the most part it will be sheriff's dept making first contact with those in possession. The decision to charge will largely be based on whether or not they call in the ATF.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is true, but for the most part it will be sheriff's dept making first contact with those in possession. The decision to charge will largely be based on whether or not they call in the ATF.

It will likely be ATF if braces were purchased online and there is a paper trail. This is how ATF is going door to door and also sending letters directly to folks currently with FRT type triggers and also with bump stocks all over the country. ATF only needs to subpoena a shipping company, warehouse, known distributer, ect. to triangulate and know who has purchased braces and send letters / go door to door. In the case of some shipping companies, they are handing over information to the ATF upon request willingly with no warrant or subpoena. They don't even need the seller or retailer to comply.

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wha
It will likely be ATF if braces were purchased online and there is a paper trail. This is how ATF is going door to door and also sending letters directly to folks currently with FRT type triggers and also with bump stocks all over the country. ATF only needs to subpoena a shipping company, warehouse, known distributer, ect. to triangulate and know who has purchased braces and send letters / go door to door. In the case of some shipping companies, they are handing over information to the ATF upon request willingly with no warrant or subpoena. They don't even need the seller or retailer to compl
What about local shops who sold braces? That’s definitely not tracked

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The most current update is that they are all now SBRs and if you didn't apply for an SBR tax stamp and haven't removed the brace or put on a 16" or longer barrel, then you are a felon. That's it. Felon. I say again, felon. That's the update.

Congress and the republicans are not coming to rescue you. They pretty much said FO and they don't GAF about you. Now it's up to Lawfare and the SCOTUS. In the meantime, y'all are felons. Don't get caught by the feds now, coz local LE and sheriffs are not gonna be helping one way or the other.

The one good thing out of all of this, is that it's pretty much an unenforceable rule...too many out there and nobody but trolls like mavs GAS. Kinda like Washington's order to stop cussing.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will likely be ATF if braces were purchased online and there is a paper trail. This is how ATF is going door to door and also sending letters directly to folks currently with FRT type triggers and also with bump stocks all over the country. ATF only needs to subpoena a shipping company, warehouse, known distributer, ect. to triangulate and know who has purchased braces and send letters / go door to door. In the case of some shipping companies, they are handing over information to the ATF upon request willingly with no warrant or subpoena. They don't even need the seller or retailer to comply.

I don't have one, and don't want one, but any any LEA shows up knocking at my door, after they identify themselves and ask the first question their question will be answered with a question. If their answer is no, my door will close and that will be the end of the discussion. When they came back and can answer yes to the question, then I'll speak with them. Not before.

This ain't hard. It's easy. Now, if they start getting the search warrants it's gonna get a little dicier.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the real question is - How many Sheriffs in Oklahoma, when faced with the 'Do your job or lose your job' dilemma are going to decide that their job/benefits/retirement are more important to them and their family than standing on principle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom