Pistol braces. What is the word?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They answer to the county and the state constitution and the US Constitution. Pretty much it.
Yes, they have to follow the LAWS as set forth by things like the State and Federal Constitution, but I wasn't talking about following the laws, I was talking about the Sheriff having a boss, just like everyone else, that they have to answer to, be it the DA, the County Commissioner, or the State Governor.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There really isn't anyone in the state with authority over a sheriff aside from the citizens of the county. A sheriff doesn't have anyone above him in a chain of command. That doesn't mean a sheriff doesn't have to work with other elected officials in order to get what he or she wants...county commissioners, governor, etc... The county commissioners will control the sheriff's budget...but they don't have authority over the office.

Of course, sheriffs are subject to being arrested by federal officers if they commit a crime that falls under federal jurisdiction.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they have to follow the LAWS as set forth by things like the State and Federal Constitution, but I wasn't talking about following the laws, I was talking about the Sheriff having a boss, just like everyone else, that they have to answer to, be it the DA, the County Commissioner, or the State Governor.
If a sheriff can't follow the state and US Constitutions, and does what his bosses say, then that MF doesn't need to be a sheriff. Doesn't matter who he answers to as a boss (which in theory, is the Governor), he's sworn an oath.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the real question is - How many Sheriffs in Oklahoma, when faced with the 'Do your job or lose your job' dilemma are going to decide that their job/benefits/retirement are more important to them and their family than standing on principle?

I'd wager not as many as you'd like....

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The most current update is that they are all now SBRs and if you didn't apply for an SBR tax stamp and haven't removed the brace or put on a 16" or longer barrel, then you are a felon. That's it. Felon. I say again, felon. That's the update.

Congress and the republicans are not coming to rescue you. They pretty much said FO and they don't GAF about you. Now it's up to Lawfare and the SCOTUS. In the meantime, y'all are felons. Don't get caught by the feds now, coz local LE and sheriffs are not gonna be helping one way or the other.

The one good thing out of all of this, is that it's pretty much an unenforceable rule...too many out there and nobody but trolls like mavs GAS. Kinda like Washington's order to stop cussing.
tumblr_m66sxliAQ01r8gsqgo1_500.gif

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have one, and don't want one, but any any LEA shows up knocking at my door, after they identify themselves and ask the first question their question will be answered with a question. If their answer is no, my door will close and that will be the end of the discussion. When they came back and can answer yes to the question, then I'll speak with them. Not before.

This ain't hard. It's easy. Now, if they start getting the search warrants it's gonna get a little dicier.
ryan-scott-i-don%27t-answer-questions.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom