Pistol for female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take her to a range and let her shoot several different firearms. Start with a smaller caliber and let her find which caliber she likes. Then find the make and model she finds comfortable.
If you buy one for her, chances are you will like it better than she does. She will not like shooting unless she had a lot of input in the choice.
Keep in mind, gun stores do not allow refunds or exchanges. So you need to make sure it is exactly what she wants.
The advice of everyone on the forum doesn't mean anything unless it matches her choice. Like everything else in life, if the first experience is fun or truly enjoyable the ones that follow will be good too.
I have helped two daughters and my wife choose their firearms and I did it mainly by getting them onto the range and then into the shop. They usually chose something I wouldn't have expected.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Honestly for a lady at home you can't beat a Glock 19 or 17 whatever fits her hand best, if it is an elderly lady I would get a berreta 380 where you can flip open the barrel to load it. For concealed carry the Glock 42 in my opinion would be tough to beat.

Beretta no longer makes the model 86.

My wife came to the relationship with her own firearms, and skill, so I've never had this problem. My daughter like my son Alexander/Pharr Shot took to shooting like they were born with gunpowder in their vein's.

Nomadarmy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith and wesson had a "Lady Smith" that was a Semi... hard to find now a days ...but would recommend a revolver when it comes to a women that has trouble with a slide

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife originally wanted the ruger sr9c but I think she has switched to wanting a 9mm shield after seeing and holding mine. We have yet to shoot the shield. She was deadly with the sr9c.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife originally wanted the ruger sr9c but I think she has switched to wanting a 9mm shield after seeing and holding mine. We have yet to shoot the shield. She was deadly with the sr9c.

She will LUVLUVLUV that Shield ... You probably ought to go ahead and buy yourself another one ... :P Or ... if she likes colored guns, get her a pink or purple one ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom