pit bull victim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend have a doxie. That dog has adopted my oldest daughter (16) to the point that my friend can't even tug on my daughter's pants cuff without the dog going off.

My youngest daughter (6) however can glance sideways at the doxie, and the doxie turns into a Tasmanian Devil.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I worked in a dog grooming shop we always hated getting Dauchsunds and Cocker Spaniels. These are the most cage shy breeds i've ever come across.

Our Mini Dachsund plays with our 2 Siberians pretty well. When she's done playing though, she's done. If they keep bugging her she makes this godawful snarl and just lights them up. I'll see two 50 lb Huskies running away from a 6 lb Dachsund and laugh my butt off.

Friend have a doxie. That dog has adopted my oldest daughter (16) to the point that my friend can't even tug on my daughter's pants cuff without the dog going off.

My youngest daughter (6) however can glance sideways at the doxie, and the doxie turns into a Tasmanian Devil.

I thought Dauchsunds were bred to hunt and go after Badgers so they need to be bad a$$.

doxies are very protective , especially of the one that feeds them

Sounds like it is a violent breed and we need to have them banned in our communities. They sound irrational and should not be owned by families with kids, or allowed around them...... :D

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saved a blind old dachshund from getting hit on the highway once.

Took him home with me. I figured that for a blind old wienie dog to live this long and look this healthy, somebody had to love the little guy and they were probably searching for him. I put the word out and his very grateful owners found out I had him a day or two later. Being blind as a bat and old as balls, the little bastard would bite the absolute fire out of me with great regularity. It was real fun when I had to pick him up and carry him out of harm's way. Got my fingers and the side of my face. :rolleyes2

He got used to me enough to where he wouldn't bite me anymore, but he was still terrified and cagey. His reaction to hearing his owner's voices when they came to get him was pretty heartwarming.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must not have been around enough doxies - the ones I've seen have been pretty mellow. My friend has a mini doxie that barks up a storm, but all the dogs at my place - 50 to 90 lbs each - just ignore him. It's only when the mini doxie starts running across the lawn that they treat him like a moving target, and his response is to dive for the grass and roll over onto his back, hoping they'll get bored and go away :pms2:

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a Dauchsund was as big as a Doberman they would have use a gun to get it under control! We have had Dauchs for years and they are the meanest little shits ever if they get mad or decide they don't like you.

they have to be they were originally bred to hunt badgers!

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
terribly sad... I wonder how much the parents "domestic dispute" had to do with getting the dog super agitated enough to attack whatever object it saw lying around? I know my dogs get extremely excited when my kids rough house etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom