place to shoot in Wagoner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhp31

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not originally from this area, so im ignorant about this place thus far..

however, I hear that there is some nice government land on which you can shoot for free in Wagoner, OK.

could someone tell me how to get there from Tulsa?

thank!!!

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To Wagoner?? Take Hwy 51, East, thru B.A. Then either get on the Muskogee Turnpike, and stay on it until the Hwy 69 exit. Go North from there.

Or, stay on Hwy 51 thru Coweta and you'll run right into Wagoner. Watch for speed traps along the way.

There is Government land all around. Make sure you don't wander onto the Waterfowl Refuge. That will be a bad day for you.

FYI, on any wildlife deparment managed land, I believe you have to have a hunting license to do any shooting. Also, since the areas you're talking about are around Ft. Gibson lake, you might want to get some regs and read them carefully. Some areas are closed to centerfire shooting.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wagoner Range (WMA) on the way out to Toppers or "Wagoner Park". Most of the public hunting around the lake is shotgun only. Just continue on 51 all the way through town, and its about 2 miles past the last stoplight on your right.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its not "free" to shoot there.
The fee you pay is a hunting license.
Maintaince for the place comes from the hunting license money.

Go to the Gun club/ shooting range forum there is several threads talking about the place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom