Playing with subs again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got some velocity numbers from my .308 with 100gr cast Powder coated bullets.
Lee 32-20 100 gr mold.
Red Dot powder, CCI 200 primers and 308 bolt gun.

I use a lee dipper and trickle powder into it and card it off .

.3cc = 2.0 gr and 664 FPS.
.5cc= 4.6 gr and 983 FPS.

Shoot them suppressed and very quiet to the point of the projectile hitting target is more than the report.

The .3cc load you will not need to resize the brass at all just brush it, deprime and load it.
The neck expands to .310" diameter with the .5cc load so you will need to pinch it back down.

My necks are turned and I set ID at .306" with a slight flare.

I just wanted to see if my .5cc load would open the case necks and I wanted to check velocity.
I have shot hundreds of the .3cc load and it is just too fun and easy to reload with a wack-a-mole technique .

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lee 32-20 100 gr mold.

Shoot them suppressed and very quiet to the point of the projectile hitting target is more than the report.

The .3cc load you will not need to resize the brass at all just brush it, deprime and load it.
The neck expands to .310" diameter with the .5cc load so you will need to pinch it back down.

I just wanted to see if my .5cc load would open the case necks and I wanted to check velocity.
I have shot hundreds of the .3cc load and it is just too fun and easy to reload with a wack-a-mole technique .
I haven't reloaded any subs yet, but it's on my list of things to do. Thanks for sharing the info!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clicked on this from new post feature thinking he was building some crazy car audio setup… was very interested to figure out what he came up with.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clicked on this from new post feature thinking he was building some crazy car audio setup… was very interested to figure out what he came up with.
If I wasn't so tight I would have a better head unit in my 57 currently have a POS head unit that picks up alternator noise. NO amp either.

Every time I drive that car I think: Man I have some 12" KLH woofers and a nice 400 watt 4 channel amp and lots of really good 6x9's. I really need to quit being so tight and get a good head unit in here and wire it all up.
I already have a hot wire ran to the trunk.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I wasn't so tight I would have a better head unit in my 57 currently have a POS head unit that picks up alternator noise. NO amp either.

Every time I drive that car I think: Man I have some 12" KLH woofers and a nice 400 watt 4 channel amp and lots of really good 6x9's. I really need to quit being so tight and get a good head unit in here and wire it all up.
I already have a hot wire ran to the trunk.
Sending ky… wasn’t your fault you were potty trained at gun point… it led to some, um, residual anal retentiveness and tightness. ;)

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lee 32-20 100 gr mold.

Thanks for posting.
Lighter loads in centerfire rifle calibers interest me for lower cost and less wear and tear on the brass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom