Police get OWNED by guy who know's his rights.. For concealed or open carry people!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm the other end of the spectrum. I don't believe in the police making up their own rules. I don't believe an open carry person should be subjected to such police scrutiny simply because he is open carrying... and I appreciate a law abiding citizen who know's his rights...

and I appreciate an officer who know's his limitations within the law and know's when his crossing of lines is being haulted by a law abiding citizen and letting the matter go.. Rather than trying to beat the guy to death.. just because he feel's "he's" the only authority that matters. SO weird how people see so many different things... while looking at the same subject..

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sound to me like he was standing up for his rights and the cop didn't like it... We must all follow the law and don't mean the cops are above it. It is what it is...

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where is the proof that he was out to get attention? maybe the guy was just walking down the street and decided to record an encounter that had come upon him. He had obviously been with the officer for a little while as the vid starts after he is disarmed. Heck, I sometimes walk down the street. Doesn't mean I am out to get attention.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a former LEO I gotta say there are millions of "TV lawyers" running around who when stopped go into this complete schpeel that has no validity or relevance to the situation and these people are annoying morons. However, this guy, was completely right. He was detained illegally, subject to illegal seizure and questioned illegally and he knew it. I thought he was as polite as one could be under the situation and handled the encounter exactly as he should have. He stood up for his rights and called for the officers supervisor, who apparently did know the law in this situation, because upon arrival he ended the stop and let the man go immediately. Hopefully, this incident resulted in some additional officer training on the subject so they don't continue to make these mistakes.

As a caveat it's impossible for a LEO to know everything, mistakes will be made just like every other professional makes. Doctors make mistakes, lawyers make mistakes, engineers make mistakes, it happens because these people can't remember every single thing associated with their profession.

That's my take on it at the moment.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former LEO I gotta say there are millions of "TV lawyers" running around who when stopped go into this complete schpeel that has no validity or relevance to the situation and these people are annoying morons. However, this guy, was completely right. He was detained illegally, subject to illegal seizure and questioned illegally and he knew it. I thought he was as polite as one could be under the situation and handled the encounter exactly as he should have. He stood up for his rights and called for the officers supervisor, who apparently did know the law in this situation, because upon arrival he ended the stop and let the man go immediately. Hopefully, this incident resulted in some additional officer training on the subject so they don't continue to make these mistakes.

As a caveat it's impossible for a LEO to know everything, mistakes will be made just like every other professional makes. Doctors make mistakes, lawyers make mistakes, engineers make mistakes, it happens because these people can't remember every single thing associated with their profession.

That's my take on it at the moment.

Not a thing wrong with this post. But I beg to differ on his demeanor. He could have been a whole lot less "confrontational". He was obviously out to "school" the cops, public and everyone else. He could have just as easily casually told the officer that he understood that he was just doing his job and at least told him his dang name. Handled properly he still could have declined to provide ID, search, destination, etc. without being a jerk. This guy was an ASS like so many of them are. I will also say good on him for not just being one of the sheep too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom