Police shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why we spend time developing the "soft" skills. The police officers were so distracted by people running away they lost track of the threat, their orientation was on the the wrong thing. A few years ago there was a video of a LEO and a bad guy in a shoot out, the bad guy got behind the the LEO using deception. Unlike this incident it didn't turn out well for the LEO.

I suspect that when the SHTF and the gunshots are occurring, many people will be searching for the source of the sounds. I would think that echos are a bad thing at such times.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The police were outgunned but won anyway. This is one reason why two cops should be i a patrol car in questionable areas or neighborhoods.
The first answer will be that the department can’t afford it. The second answer will be two officers can cover more area at the same time and answer two calls in different areas at the same time.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure. This is the 4th time I believe.

And I still don't know what the LEO that got smacked in the head with the AR pistol was shooting at off camera right before he got beaned, and why the mag dump guy ducked right in front of the guy that got smacked while the guy that got smacked was shooting at something off in the distance. The whole thing looked pretty jacked up.

It was a pretty dynamic situation, and it was a close quarters gun battle. I'll grant them a little leeway, but I don't think I'd go so far as to say they did a good job. They didn't get killed, so in that respect they're all good, which is the ultimate goal in the end anyway. There are a lot of ways to not get killed. I don't believe that one was "textbook".

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I still don't know what the LEO that got smacked in the head with the AR pistol was shooting at off camera right before he got beaned, and why the mag dump guy ducked right in front of the guy that got smacked while the guy that got smacked was shooting at something off in the distance. The whole thing looked pretty jacked up.

It was a pretty dynamic situation, and it was a close quarters gun battle. I'll grant them a little leeway, but I don't think I'd go so far as to say they did a good job. They didn't get killed, so in that respect they're all good, which is the ultimate goal in the end anyway. There are a lot of ways to not get killed. I don't believe that one was "textbook".
I believe he was shooting at the guy that was running away.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe he was shooting at the guy that was running away.

Why? He wasn’t a threat.

If that’s the case, I expect him to be fired after his wounds heal. It also looks to me like he almost killed the other officer, and that looks like it would have been both of their faults.

They’re both very lucky to be alive, and I think luck had a **** ton to do with that. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. Sometimes.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why? He wasn’t a threat.

If that’s the case, I expect him to be fired after his wounds heal. It also looks to me like he almost killed the other officer, and that looks like it would have been both of their faults.

They’re both very lucky to be alive, and I think luck had a **** ton to do with that. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. Sometimes.
I have no idea. Heat of the moment, tunnel vision, I can only guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom