Police scanners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Play store is your friend. I'm not sure how good the apps are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203_221710_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_221710_Google Play Store.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 0

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After awhile I get tired of listening to them but cool to have when something big is going on.

OMG THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS! I would SHOOT Grumpy if he came home wagging a scanner! Talk about a BUNCH of racket I do NOT miss! 😣😣😣😣

Funny Note: (this is how old my old man is) Grumpy remembers a time when OCPD only had 4 channels. Now they have at least 2 for each division (and I think there are 5 divisions), a TAC channel, a SWAT channel, a traffic channel and a channel they share with OHP.

Sheesh ... I can't stand the racket when he's watching COPS. 🤦🤦 I'd be an alcoholic if he had a scanner. That damned handheld was bad enough. He NEVER shut that thing off. Cops are as bad as little old church ladies -- TERRIFIED they are gonna miss something. 😉🤣🤣🤣

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS! I would SHOOT Grumpy if he came home wagging a scanner! Talk about a BUNCH of racket I do NOT miss! 😣😣😣😣

Funny Note: (this is how old my old man is) Grumpy remembers a time when OCPD only had 4 channels. Now they have at least 2 for each division (and I think there are 5 divisions), a TAC channel, a SWAT channel, a traffic channel and a channel they share with OHP.

Sheesh ... I can't stand the racket when he's watching COPS. 🤦🤦 I'd be an alcoholic if he had a scanner. That damned handheld was bad enough. He NEVER shut that thing off. Cops are as bad as little old church ladies -- TERRIFIED they are gonna miss something. 😉🤣🤣🤣

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen doing something useful like baking a pie?

:brick:

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfectly legal unless using it during a crime. However, many cities have went encrypted so no one can listen to them though.

What county / city? Several agencies have went digital and there are different flavors from P25, NXDN, DMR.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ok good to know! I was actually hoping you’d chime in on this so thank you. Now if someone has a specific recommendation that doesn’t cost a ton I’m all ears. Thanks fellas
Don't buy a scanner for casual use. Read my post above about iPhone app.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

I thought that's how you found him when you were Badge Bunny 😂

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a scanner back in the day when living in town. It would even pick up cordless phone transmissions in their early days.
Quite the interesting conversations I must admit at times.
Everything went more secure but the scanner companies evolved with them.
We listened to ours all the time to hear when fire, and ambulance calls went out and LEO were dispatched. Now, every LEO I see going down the road uses a cell phone that appears attached to their ears. Every one I see driving down the road is on their phone. Not saying it's personal, but it could possible the most secure way to communicate between units or dispatch.
Most on-air scanner communication with LEO is either scrambled or trunked. The last time I tried to use ours, we could get very little on it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that's how you found him when you were Badge Bunny 😂

Oh hell no!! He had a friend who's girlfriend worked with me. They thought it would be a good idea for him to have a ****-buddy. 🙄🙄🙄

He was MORTIFIED when I told him not only was I not looking for a friend with benefits, I wasn't interested in dating at all. (Nothing wrong with Grumpy but I'd just gotten out of a long-term relationship and was just enjoying my peace and quiet.) We became friends and then one thing led to another. Wanna know what is the absolute funniest thing about the whole deal??

His buddy was FURIOUS when he proposed to me because he'd been dating my co-worker for quite a while and she was pushing to get hitched and he didn't want any part of it. He said we "****ed his good time all to ****" when we got married! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 He told Grumpy I, and I quote, "Wasn't nothing but a BadgeBunny!" 🤣🤣🤣 (And now you know the rest of the story. 🤗😂)

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh hell no!! He had a friend who's girlfriend worked with me. They thought it would be a good idea for him to have a ****-buddy. 🙄🙄🙄

He was MORTIFIED when I told him not only was I not looking for a friend with benefits, I wasn't interested in dating at all. (Nothing wrong with Grumpy but I'd just gotten out of a long-term relationship and was just enjoying my peace and quiet.) We became friends and then one thing led to another. Wanna know what is the absolute funniest thing about the whole deal??

His buddy was FURIOUS when he proposed to me because he'd been dating my co-worker for quite a while and she was pushing to get hitched and he didn't want any part of it. He said we "****ed his good time all to ****" when we got married! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 He told Grumpy I, and I quote, "Wasn't nothing but a BadgeBunny!" 🤣🤣🤣 (And now you know the rest of the story. 🤗😂)
TMI 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom