Polymer pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a G19 I liked a lot, but traded it on a CZ P07 I like even more. I like the trigger and grip better. I shoot the CZ a bit better, but the Glock didn't exactly suck in the accuracy department. There isn't a darn thing wrong with a G19.

Really can't go wrong.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The G19 is my favorite Glock model but the Walther PPQ is a great one as well.I guess it comes down to what fits you best.I have owned most of the polymer guns including M&P,Steyr,Caracal, H&K VP9,Canik TP9SA,XD,CZ and a few others.Never had a problem with any of them, its just hard to beat a G19.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The Glock 19 is going nowhere, unless I buy something and it proves to be sufficiently better overall. Even then, I might just keep the G19 because.

Ultimately my goal would be to have something comparable to owning the G19, 17, and 34/17L. Possibly the 26 size too.

Thanks for all the comments! I might have to try meeting some of you at a range sometime to try the different platforms out. I figure shooting them is the best way to tell what works!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If S&W made a mid framed version of their M&P I'd say that would be the one. But since they don't I'll go with GTG and second the PPQ M2. The trigger right out of the box blows away any polymer framed pistol I've ever touched from the factory. It's like having Olyeller do a full competition trigger job on your Glock or M&P, only Walther supplies it that way from the factory. It breaks clean and has a very short reset in comparison. Better ergos than Glock and about even with M&P to me.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was a big fan of the G19 until I purchased a M&P Compact.

Much better ergonomics.

For more capacity and a larger grip, when desired, you can use the full size mags with an X-grip for a sweet set up.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The M&P 9mm carries about the same. 1/4" more barrel is unnoticeable. The grip is slimmer, and although it's slightly longer, the "butt" is slimmer and curved/rounded in a way that it makes for a very slim profile. I carried a G19 for years (the G32 actually), and now have been carrying the M&P9 for just as long. I'd be hard-pressed to say one carries better than the other. I tried the M&P compact, but eventually sold it because the full-size was just as easy to carry (easier in some ways). Borrow a M&P9 and good holster and try it out. My favorite holster is the Fist ultra-thin kydex...makes for a really concealable, yet full-size, package.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The M&P 9mm carries about the same. 1/4" more barrel is unnoticeable. The grip is slimmer, and although it's slightly longer, the "butt" is slimmer and curved/rounded in a way that it makes for a very slim profile. I carried a G19 for years (the G32 actually), and now have been carrying the M&P9 for just as long. I'd be hard-pressed to say one carries better than the other. I tried the M&P compact, but eventually sold it because the full-size was just as easy to carry (easier in some ways). Borrow a M&P9 and good holster and try it out. My favorite holster is the Fist ultra-thin kydex...makes for a really concealable, yet full-size, package.
How is/was the full size easier to conceal?
That seems counter-intuitive.

Sent from no where

Latest posts

Top Bottom