Polymer pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have found that a longer barrel (to a point) is easier, or at least more comfortable, to carry; as it puts more weight below the belt, and gives more leverage to keep the butt from pulling away from your body.

I've especially noticed this with revolvers. 2.5in barreled K-frame size guns are much more uncomfortable for me than those with a 4in barrel.

Grip length works against you though.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found that a longer barrel (to a point) is easier, or at least more comfortable, to carry; as it puts more weight below the belt, and gives more leverage to keep the butt from pulling away from your body.

I've especially noticed this with revolvers. 2.5in barreled K-frame size guns are much more uncomfortable for me than those with a 4in barrel.

Grip length works against you though.
I carry a 5 inch Pro so it's a huge swap to a 9c

Sent from no where

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
G19 is 4.0", so only an extra 1/4" on the Full size M&P. It is a full 1/2" taller though. M&P @ 5.5" vs G19 @ 5.0". Weight is close, G19 @ 23.7oz vs M&P @ 24.0oz.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've especially noticed this with revolvers. 2.5in barreled K-frame size guns are much more uncomfortable for me than those with a 4in barrel...
Exactly...the leverage from the barrel keeps the butt in tight. At least on me, when I start getting shorter than a 4" barrel, I lose that leverage and the butt sticks out more. If you're super skinny, then may or may not affect you (I wouldn't know!). And with a small grip inserted in the M&P, the part of the butt that would normally print is contoured in a way that it conceals very easy...way easier than the "pokiness" of a Glock. For these reasons, in my experience the M&P conceals just as easy as the G19.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Glock's 19,22,27 and 33 and these will only Glock's I ever have again!! I've had just about every model of Glock but they dont fit hands. I also have HK Vp 9, Ruger All American 9, XDM 9, CZ P07 9. S&W M&P 9 's and 45, and Shield 40. I will be looking for a Sig 320 in 9mm and FN 9 someday.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post-duty model p07's are supposed to be really good. The XDM used to be the go-to comparison and recommendation against a Glock from like 2006-2010.

I don't think any polymer gun is any better than a G19, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom