Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Guided" my buddy to his first ever archery deer. He borrowed my wife's wicked ridge and I was setting next to him in the ground blind I built for the hunt when he smacked this guy! Apparently he didn't get the bow high enough to clear the brush I had placed in front of us because at 30 yards broadside he clipped the jugular. Deer only went about 100 yds. Hitting brush was my best guess for the errant shot.

www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_gibbs3.JPG

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad that it ended well and the deer was recovered. Unfortunately, I have made not so good shots on deer in the past, and ended up not finding the skeleton until the next year.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He ain't got antlers, but this was the only thing I killed this weekend. Sow and 8 lil uns came in bout an hour before he did, but I never could get a shot at them, they were on my right side. He strolled in and gave me a perfect broadside shot at 25 yards. I stuck one right behind his shield and stuck it smack dab in his heart. He ran 10 yards and fell over dead. Wish all my shots turned out like that. I'd say he was in the 175 lb range, no cutters to speak of.

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_hog1.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom