Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Shot this bear in North Central Idaho last month from a ground position at 15 yards with my Firefly longbow. The attached video is a little clip I made for the outfitter's YouTube channel and Facebook page. Enjoy!

i697.photobucket.com_albums_vv336_LONGrangePISTOL_FallBlackBear2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i685.photobucket.com_albums_vv214_shootermcgavin_SUNP0019.jpg

I missed that guy this morning at about 7:20. Shot just over his back. He was the first thing out but a doe and her two fawns where coming in from another direction. From her direction she was able to skyline me and bolted. He got fishy and started meandering away. I misjudged the distance. That was my first ever shot with a bow at a live animal though. He is the biggest deer I've seen on any of my camera's so I was wanting him, but oh well.. Saturday. Missing him did help me get my distance down though...

i685.photobucket.com_albums_vv214_shootermcgavin_IMG_2940.jpg

Shot the first one at 7:59 this morning high and back. Shot the second at 8:55 am with a great shot. If I would have stayed in my stand 15 more minutes I would have had a third doe as her friends were coming back, but I figured 2 was enough for the morning. I hung around waiting for him to come back this evening, but never saw him. Not bad for my first archery season opener if I do say so myself.... and I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom