Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice deer yall. Im missin pretty much all of archery season this year and only gonna be able to get the first 6 days of black powder and maybe a day or two here or there during rifle. Thanks for lettin me live vicariously through yall.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
No it does not count as a buck as long as you didn't check it in that way. To be an antlered deer there must be 3in of antler above the hair line. Should be some tasty eating.

what bigcountry said, if you didn't check it in a buck then it counts as a doe.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice buck downdeep, and nice shootin Shooter, way to get the season started off with a bang. Oh, and that bear huntin in Idaho looks awesome, I need to go do that.

I cant hunt until this weekend, plan to go all day Sat. & Sun, can't wait.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Shot this bear in North Central Idaho last month from a ground position at 15 yards with my Firefly longbow. The attached video is a little clip I made for the outfitter's YouTube channel and Facebook page. Enjoy!

i697.photobucket.com_albums_vv336_LONGrangePISTOL_FallBlackBear2012.jpg

Wow! Nice. Beautiful area too. Just picked up an old longbow! Thought of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I Shot this bear in North Central Idaho last month from a ground position at 15 yards with my Firefly longbow. The attached video is a little clip I made for the outfitter's YouTube channel and Facebook page. Enjoy!

i697.photobucket.com_albums_vv336_LONGrangePISTOL_FallBlackBear2012.jpg

Very nice, from one longbowyer to another! What are the specs on your Firefly?

Last edited by a moderator:

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice, from one longbowyer to another! What are the specs on your Firefly?

My Firefly is 64'' long, 59 lbs @ 29'' I shoot a Beman MFX Classic (full length) with a brass insert and Magnus Stinger four blade broadhead. I've always got a complete pass through on everything I've shot with this setup. If you're in the OKC area shoot me a PM and I'll meet you at H&H's archery range, you're welcome to shoot it.

LRP

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way to go guys. Congrats on your first Shooter and the bear video was great. Very nice buck taken also. The year is starting out well. I had 10 deer around me inside 20 yrds Monday morning with some as close as 3 yrds but it was dead calm and as soon as I tried to adjust my body for a shot, I was busted. Too many eyes too close. Oh well, had a great hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom