Potheads already begging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, I heard about a radio station in Florida where a couple of DJ's just started telling people to send money in, and gave an address to mail it to. They never explained why or claimed it was FOR anything, they just announced over and over that you could send your money to their address. They raised thousands of dollars, and I think ended up donating it to a charity.
Soupy Sales did that on his TV show (a kids show) back in the '50s. He told them to get the funny green paper out of their parents' wallets and purses and put it in an envelope, then told them the studio's address to write on it.

He meant it as a gag, and was shocked when envelopes full of money stated arriving at the studio. The studio's lawyers crapped enough bricks to build a new Empire State building, and he thought he was getting fired... I don't remember what they did with the money, but almost none of the envelopes had return addresses, so they couldn't send it back. Seems like they gave it to charities, but I don't remember.

Latest posts

Top Bottom