POTUS Changes his mind on AWB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we need a law that would require a search for guns of the homes of all people that see a mental health professional. Remove the guns from their house.

That would be a great end result for an individual who keeps his gear in a $1,000.00+ fireproof safe that nobody in the world other than he knows the combo to and just happens to be married to someone that goes to a head shrinker. Way to think things through!!

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I beg to differ on this. We did not do anything wrong. Newtown and other crimes are NOT our fault. we are responsibly exercising the natural right to keep and bear arms, as recognized, indeed enshrined, in 2A. there are 20000+ gun laws on the books. No more compromises on 2A.
:)

I agree with you on all points. Now we have to convince the non gun people to go along with this.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we need a law that would require a search for guns of the homes of all people that see a mental health professional. Remove the guns from their house. The problem isn't access to mental health care, it is keeping guns out of their hands. I know someone that is soon to get out of Federal prison for embezzlement and his home will be searched for guns. If that happens for criminals it should happen for mentally ill people. Make it a federal offense for mental health professionals that fail to report a mentally ill patient. Make them register the mentally ill patients. Irresponsible mental health professionals are what got the gun owners in trouble.

You fail to see any difference in someone who is mentally ill and someone who sees a mental health professional? So someone who goes for marriage counseling should get a warrantless search and seizure of their guns? What about someone who wants to talk to someone because they were the victim of a rape? I guess you dont think they should be able to defend themselves the next time either?

This has to be the dumbest idea, other than a gun ban, that I have heard so far.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You fail to see any difference in someone who is mentally ill and someone who sees a mental health professional? So someone who goes for marriage counseling should get a warrantless search and seizure of their guns? What about someone who wants to talk to someone because they were the victim of a rape? I guess you dont think they should be able to defend themselves the next time either?

This has to be the dumbest idea, other than a gun ban, that I have heard so far.
Thanks 10. I was hoping someone would say that.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I went through 18 mos of counseling during my divorce. I've been depressed before. What you propose would make anyone in their right mind do anything to avoid seeking help for any condition at all. That should improve public safety, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom