Poverty watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
$22, a battery and band I already had .
Guess I am on a Timex kick but this thing is cool looking.... Faded dial and worn case.
20240105_163832.jpg

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now you boys are in my sandbox. The Timex Expedition, man does this thing go way back. You may see paint and such on it. I was remodeling our house in Omaha and also helping a friend do a bunch of drywall work on theirs. They gave me this Seiko as a gift, so I retired the Timex. Wore the Seiko for the last 30-years and here a couple months ago I went to adjust the time and the little knob came out and I lost it. Found this old Casio in the attic about the same time. It was my sons about 25 years ago. I put a battery in it, and it worked just fine. However, it was a battery eater. Lo-n-behold I went to help an cousin with some drywall work, digging through that old toolbox I find the Expedition, put a battery in it and it works just fine. So, I am back to wearing it again. However, I just ordered off eBay, just less than an hour ago, an old Wenger watch. Hopefully it's a good-un.

Attachments

• Timex Expedition a.jpg
    Timex Expedition a.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Timex Expedition b.jpg
    Timex Expedition b.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Seiko V743-9029.jpg
    Seiko V743-9029.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Casio Illumiator a.jpg
    Casio Illumiator a.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Casio Illumiator b.jpg
    Casio Illumiator b.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought nothing but cheap watches until my wife bought me a Luminox (which is a cheap watch to you watch guys) about 15 years ago. After reading many of the watch postings I decided to try an automatic. While on a little trip back to Va. last spring I went with my sister-in-law to a Costco. I found a Seiko Sport 5 (I think it is) for $200 including tax with a 3-year warranty and bought it. I found out I'm not a watch guy at all. I go for days and don't wear a watch so every time I put the Seiko on, I have to reset the time on it. My Luminox may not be the best or fanciest watch out there but, it is good to go when I need it. The Seiko is most likely my last automatic watch.
The problem is you didn’t buy the $500 watch box that plug in and moves so the watch is always wound.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is you didn’t buy the $500 watch box that plug in and moves so the watch is always wound.
I should just send it back to them. It is supposed to have a 41-hour reserve power but, doesn't. I can wear it all day long, put it away for the night, and it will be dead the next morning. I've read that those motion machines put extra wear on watches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom