Power Washer recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In the market for a power washer. Mainly for my concrete and brick siding of my house. Was looking at the Ryobi models Home Depot sells. I saw they offer gas ones with Honda or Kohler motors.

Not sure if electric power washers will be sufficient enough for cleaning driveways.

anyone have any recommendations?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Electric typically don't have the pressure of gas models.
I needed a pressure washer a couple of years ago after making a vow to never have to jerk the rope on a small engine for the rest of my life.
Craftsman had a 3100 PSI model with electric start. Sits in the shop currently. Nice machine.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Craftsman 3200 PSI pull start power washer. I bought it at Lowe's about 5 years ago. Have used is a ton for power washing concrete walkways, decks and it's great with the mold soap for cleaning all the lake homes and trailers up here at the lake.
I agree with Dennis, the electric models don't have near the power the gas ones do.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a schmancy Husquvarna that worked like a top and has for years. I think this is the same: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-...sher-with-Briggs-Stratton-Engine-CARB/3606420

Runs great, tons of power. If you are getting on, I highly recommend getting a pressure adjustment like this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/SIMPSON-Di...ressure-Regulator-Rated-Up-to-4500/5000085891

That's not the one I have, but probably not much different. The other thing is that there are two accessories you'll want:
1. The nozzle that has the multiple heads on it. SOOO worth it compared to switching tips often.
2. The pancake looking thing for surface cleaning. Definitely worth the money for the time savings.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One more thing on power washers. If you want one to use to wash a vehicle, do windows on a home, or anyplace that may leave water spots with hard water, I have this as we are on hard well water and need a water softener in the home.

715n2pMxhWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Go-OTG4-DBLS...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Recharges with common table salt, and works great to prevent those hard water spots on polished surfaces.
We have this model in our RV for travel, and use it at home for the power washer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom