Prayers needed please...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother (she's 68 years old) called me today and told me she was in the ER. The Dr. thought she might have had a stroke. Mrs GED can not understand why I don't go to the ER and see her. Of course, her mother, God rest her soul, was an awesome lady. I miss her a lot. But MY mother? Hmmm...that's another story.

Now...me and ol' mom haven't always got along. We fought like cats and dogs when I was younger and we still don't communicate like most sons/mothers do. She says she just trained my brothers and me to be independent men that don't need to rely on our mommy in this crazy world.

I rarely ever see her in person (we only live about 10 miles apart) and I think we talk on the phone about every two weeks or so...if that often. If she has something to tell me, she'll call. If I don't hear from her in a two week or so span, I'll call her just to see if she is still alive.

Our phone conversations consist of basically...

Me - "How ya doin'?"

Her - "Oh, just fine."

Me - "How's pops?"

Her - "He's fine."

Me - "Everything else ok?"

Her - "Yup. Just peachy. You need something?"

Me - "No...just checking up on ya."

Her - "Yup...everything's fine."

Me - "Ok...see ya."

Her - "Bye."

Of course, she's not the "typical" mother either. She's a business woman. Always has been. Instead of teaching me and my two brothers (I'm the youngest) morals, values and things of that nature, she and dad taught us customer service skills instead. When I was a kid, we owned a little deli/mini-grocery store in Claremore. I was taught at an early age how to wait on customers, make change from the register, count it back to them and say, "thank you - come again!" Hell, I didn't get taught morals and values until I met Mrs GED 27 years ago. :rolleyes2

Anyway...even though my mother wasn't (isn't) the kind of mom who was always there when you came home from school (she wasn't) nor did she always have hot meals prepared for us every night (we ate out a lot when I was a kid) and no, we didn't get showered with hugs and kisses every day...I reckon she deserves prayers as much as the next person.

So if you guys could see it in your heart to say a prayer for my mother, I would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks. :wave:

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost lost my mother to a septic infection this time last year, spent 5 months in the hospital, rehab centers. You have my deepest sympathy and prayers my friend.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will add my prayers for the both of you. I know, sir, that at this time of crisis, you do not need sermonizing, but I would like to add, with all due respect and offered in the humblest of manners, that a parent's love for a child is the only unconditional love in the world. Best wishes to you, sir.
Ron

mr.haney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayer and support sent your way.Cherish the time you have,I am 53 and lost my mom at 17 and dad at 22 and I still regret not spending more time with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom