Prayers needed please...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GED, I've thought about your post a lot since I read it yesterday. You old guys know a bit of the angst between myself and my family so no need to rehash it now in your thread. I'm only posting to say I understand where you are coming from completely. Try as I might I still have not been able to muster a tear for my dad. I feel even less compassionate towards my mother, who as far as I know still lives and breathes and mistreats everyone who crosses her path.

Life (and our relationships with our families) is what it is. Those who have not walked in your shoes cannot understand and so they offer advice with the best of intentions. My only advice is follow your heart and never let others make you feel guilty for decisions that you may make that keep your soul at peace.

Again, you and your family are in my prayers, my friend.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED, I've thought about your post a lot since I read it yesterday. You old guys know a bit of the angst between myself and my family so no need to rehash it now in your thread. I'm only posting to say I understand where you are coming from completely. Try as I might I still have not been able to muster a tear for my dad. I feel even less compassionate towards my mother, who as far as I know still lives and breathes and mistreats everyone who crosses her path.

Life (and our relationships with our families) is what it is. Those who have not walked in your shoes cannot understand and so they offer advice with the best of intentions. My only advice is follow your heart and never let others make you feel guilty for decisions that you may make that keep your soul at peace.

Again, you and your family are in my prayers, my friend.

Thanks BB. I knew you would understand. :bighug:

I'm here in El Reno as we speak at a training seminar. I plan on swinging by and checking on my mother on my way home. She's at Mercy Hospital having some tests ran. Mrs GED lost her mother to a stroke...her fourth one, so I figure she can recognize a stroke victim about as good as anybody. She didn't think my mother represented a "typical" stroke patient. Her speech was a little slurred but her mouth wasn't drawn like stroke patient's usually are and she didn't have that wild, crazy look in her eyes, but she was a little disoriented.

I called my mother about an hour ago and she said she was fine. They are just gonna run some tests.

Thanks to everybody here at OSA. :bowdown:

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you're going to drop by and see her.

I am also a product of self-involved parents who were themselves the product of self-involved parents :blahblah:
So I know the drill. She just needs the reassurance that you're there until she's under her own power again.

You and yours are always on my beads, sweetie. And now I'll add her too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom