Preferred Brand for Hard Cast Cowboy Bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't do cowboy shooting but I use cast performance bullets and spg lube with Pyrodex in my 32-20 cal 1889 marlin for hog shooting and they shoot well. bought some Missouri bullets for my 44 mag that intend to use for light loads but haven't made up any yet. loaded some acme coated bullets for my 38 special and they shoot as good as i can hold. these are not plated bullets but just have a coating to help reduce fouling. not sure if they would be legal for cowboy action or not

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not doing any cowboy action matches yet. I'm just pretending to be a cowboy while I work at the land. Occasionally I'll open carry it.

I don't know if I need a "hard cast" bullet. I've only used IMR Trailboss for my loads if that matters.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not doing any cowboy action matches yet. I'm just pretending to be a cowboy while I work at the land. Occasionally I'll open carry it.

I don't know if I need a "hard cast" bullet. I've only used IMR Trailboss for my loads if that matters.
I use titegroup and IMR Red (when it shows up) and AA #2 and #5.

You’re prolly good as long as you’re not dressing up like rip

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Trail Boss is great with softer bullets.

Powder coated is cheaper than plated, can use soft alloys, leaves barrel cleaner, doesn't have the lube smoke and is considered safer because of no lead contact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom