Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the topic of fitness: Does anyone else take a nose dive after completing an event or race that you've tried to train for?

Happens to me every time. The first time I ran a 5K it took me a month to get back out running. Warrior Dashes, same. Run 'n Guns, same after all three.

I always turn into a couch potato during the recovery and it's hard to get going again.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the topic of fitness: Does anyone else take a nose dive after completing an event or race that you've tried to train for?

Happens to me every time. The first time I ran a 5K it took me a month to get back out running. Warrior Dashes, same. Run 'n Guns, same after all three.

I always turn into a couch potato during the recovery and it's hard to get going again.

I try to just keep going. It's really easier to develop the habit/routine of regular exercise, and a reasonable diet.
If you have a routine of running/lifting/yoga, whatever you choose to do, a 5 or 10k is just a blip on the radar. I may work a little harder in the couple of weeks before an event, but really your performance is gonna be dictated more by what you do 97% of the year, not just 3%.
One thing that helps is to have a routine to exercise, but not the same old run every time. I run with, w/o gear, take different routes, etc....
I would encourage anyone that "gets into" the run n gun type stuff to sign up for some regular 5ks, 10ks, whatever -throughout the year. It'll inspire you to stick with it, and it's good for you, plus fun.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COF is finalized for the Jan 17th RunNGun. 5k runners/walkers will have 5 shooting stages and less challenging obstacles. 10kers will have 7 shooting stages, and a bit more strenuous obstacles.
There will probably be some vendors with gun/tactical gear, etc...
My lovely wife and some of the ladies will be cooking for the runners. (so you get some warm food after a cold??? run)
The landowner is a great host, and this is a good place to test your gear, as well as your skills.
Come on out and meet some fellow OSAers, and have a great time!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom