Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:rollingla Dadgummit Hump!! That is hysterical!!

Ted, I have a question ... I'd kinda like to try at least part of this.

You can do it Patti...Even if you can't run, there were plenty of folks walking most of the last one. Start early, carry some water and make a day of it!

Heck, I'll find you when I'm done and circle back around for moral support...I'm sure others will too!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on out and try. Walking is fine. If you have a condition that makes you "at risk", please let us know, so we can be watching out for you.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can do it Patti...Even if you can't run, there were plenty of folks walking most of the last one. Start early, carry some water and make a day of it!

Heck, I'll find you when I'm done and circle back around for moral support...I'm sure others will too!

:rollingla I appreciate your vote of confidence LOL but ... I'm awful banged up these days!! :D

Come on out and try. Walking is fine. If you have a condition that makes you "at risk", please let us know, so we can be watching out for you.

OK ... You guys are having this the day after my birfday so ... I'm thinking it would be a good "test" ... Just to see if I need to get on the waiting list for a home or if I'm still good for a couple more years! :D Seriously though, it does sound like fun. I'm gonna do my best to make the October one that the guys down around Chickasha are putting on ... It will be interesting to see if I can improve in between that one and the one you guys are putting on ...

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
speaking of fitness. Im trying to get into better shape. No more soda, fast food, fried food, Junk food, sweets, or anything like that. :(
Anyone here got any good suggestions for a beginner?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
speaking of fitness. Im trying to get into better shape. No more soda, fast food, fried food, Junk food, sweets, or anything like that. :(
Anyone here got any good suggestions for a beginner?

Your first idea of ditching the junk food is a great start. Next step: Find a "Couch to 5K" running program and give it a whirl...

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your first idea of ditching the junk food is a great start. Next step: Find a "Couch to 5K" running program and give it a whirl...

I did a 5k a few weeks ago at Falls Creek. Imma start running in the mornings and stuff too. Dont like the idea of going to a gym though

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P90X
It works if you do it. Commit X hour of the day to "workout time". If I don't run or work out RIGHT AFTER WORK, I probably won't do it at all. Pick a time that's best for you, and do it!

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a 5k a few weeks ago at Falls Creek. Imma start running in the mornings and stuff too. Dont like the idea of going to a gym though

Join a martial arts class. Good workout with the added benefit of learning some good skills. I thought I was in good shape when I started (I ran several times a week, did some strength training etc) but the martial arts workouts kicked my butt. Plus it is a lot of fun. Being in a class will give you more motivation to go. If you were in Stillwater I could hook you up with a few free classes to try it out. Regardless, I would highly recommend giving it a try.

@toehanus

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Join a martial arts class. Good workout with the added benefit of learning some good skills. I thought I was in good shape when I started (I ran several times a week, did some strength training etc) but the martial arts workouts kicked my butt. Plus it is a lot of fun. Being in a class will give you more motivation to go. If you were in Stillwater I could hook you up with a few free classes to try it out. Regardless, I would highly recommend giving it a try.

@toehanus

I can vouch for both of these methods. The best shape I've ever been in in my life was when I had 3 little boys who went to karate 3 times a week and I ran ... Sometimes while they were at karate or while we were at tourneys on the weekends, sometimes I did karate with them. Even after I stopped doing the karate stuff (when the boys grew up) I still ran or at least walked (like 4 or 5 miles) several times a week. Walking/Running was my favorite form of exercise until I hurt my neck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom