Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been - I run in Tulsa 2 or three times a week. I usually go slower on Wed, if you want to do some cross-country, PM me. You thinking about the Run N Gun?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys! I never thought of Martial Arts! Imma start going to pt some time soon and would like to be used to exercise before hand. At the moment im moving to Owasso but once we've got everything there imma start running in the neighborhood since there is plenty of space and its not in the middle of the city.

TedKennedy. I have not heard of the Run N Gun.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Core strength is your friend. Plank holds will get you started in the right direction. 5 minutes is a good target.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TedKennedy, you and SMS are gonna be the death of me. I walked my first mile in I dunno how long this morning. AND I'm sitting here looking at a DVD entitled "You Are Your Own Gym" ... :lookaroun

I dunno ... :scratch: My head is pounding (muscle spasms in my neck :( ) but I don't care! :) because I'm only 4 minutes off my pace from back when I was a LOT healthier (and a lot younger :teehee:) ... Maybe I can do this afterall ...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TedKennedy, you and SMS are gonna be the death of me. I walked my first mile in I dunno how long this morning. AND I'm sitting here looking at a DVD entitled "You Are Your Own Gym" ... :lookaroun

I dunno ... :scratch: My head is pounding (muscle spasms in my neck :( ) but I don't care! :) because I'm only 4 minutes off my pace from back when I was a LOT healthier (and a lot younger :teehee:) ... Maybe I can do this afterall ...

Hell yeah! Way to go BB.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That DVD I mentioned ... Oh jeez ... I learned 2 things today: 1. I have NO functional body strength and 2. I have never been so grateful in my life as I was when I heard the very buff, very handsome guy on the DVD say to only do this workout 3 times a week for best results. :woot:

I'll go do my mile again tomorrow but I ain't TOUCHING PLAY on that xbox again until tonight (to do my tai chi) ... :D

Guys ... Be kind to yourselves and don't let yourself get out of shape. If it is too late for you to take that advice then get off your arse now while you still can. I've been eating right for a while now and though that is good, nothing replaces MOVING ...

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Physical strength is often overlooked in altercations. Case in point - Zimmerman trained over a year loosing weight, and he was not a fighter. Yet he was weight lifting, could complete a 225 pound bench press. This was never brought up in the trial. Yet when the struggle for the gun ensued, Zimmerman's strength permitted retention of the Keltec.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pawnee Run N Gun registration is now open! There's a thread in "competitions", but want to make sure all the "preppers" see it. It'll be a great test of your physical, mental, and equipment preparedness! And there's gonna be food!

Latest posts

Top Bottom