Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a body count list of all the people who have died in disasters that occurred while I was in the places they occurred.
It currently sits at 16,500 deaths.
Multiple major earthquakes, blizzard, 7 category 5 hurricanes/typhoons, attempted coup of the Philippine Government, volcanic eruption, and terrorist attack (Murrah Building).

I am prepared to shelter in place, or bug out, with several months worth of everything I need.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have a body count list of all the people who have died in disasters that occurred while I was in the places they occurred.
Multiple major earthquakes, blizzard, 7 category 5 hurricanes/typhoons, attempted coup of the Philippine Government, volcanic eruption, and terrorist attack (Murrah Building).

I am prepared to shelter in place, or bug out, with several months worth of everything I need.
That's a lot of bodies.

You're like the Dos Equis guy.

Support Dev

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Administrator Supporter
Reaction score

Since you include the Murrah Building, approximately how many of your 16,500 number came from there?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I hope you don't live near me. You are bad luck! :pms2:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you don't live near me. You are bad luck! :pms2:
My wife was wondering the other night if the storms were trying to get her, and just wandered off and got all those other folks hurt. Yesterday her pain doc took her off the medical MJ. I wonder if those two events are connected.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you include the Murrah Building, approximately how many of your 16,500 number came from there?
The official count (which is what I used) is 168.
I don’t count McVeigh, may he burn forever in hell.
There are probably some additional secondary victims who succumbed to the loss of loved ones and took their own lives, and some from medical issues similar to 9/11 first responders.
I was a newly certified EMT and responded on my own. Met up with a nurse friend and she made me her gopher and I assisted her in setting up the Triage area.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The official count (which is what I used) is 168.
I don’t count McVeigh, may he burn forever in hell.
There are probably some additional secondary victims who succumbed to the loss of loved ones and took their own lives, and some from medical issues similar to 9/11 first responders.
I was a newly certified EMT and responded on my own. Met up with a nurse friend and she made me her gopher and I assisted her in setting up the Triage area.
Thank you. Glad you were there. Much help was needed.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the term prepper covers too much ground. I am of the camp that I think everyone should be prepared to take care of themselves as the government may not always be able to. One example is Katrina. How long did it take the federal government? Let alone worse things happening.

Long term preparedness is a lot more complicated than people think. possibly worth it but you have to do your research and have money to buy what is needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom