Prescription Drug laws. Need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. The warnings were not generalized. The one label says specifically do no take with norco which is what the pain med is and the pain med says specifically do not take with whatever the MR is. I can't remember the name. I just thought it was strange. This board is always there for you. Thanks again.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Johnny, sorry I didn't see this until just now. I've had the same thing happen with scripts. Most definitely do NOT let him take them at the same time unless he wants to sleep really, really good! :D And depending on what muscle relaxant it is you might have him take 1/2 of one at first.

If he is in fairly constant pain the most important thing is to get "in front" of the pain and stay there. For me that meant going through a pretty significant period of time "doped up" (Mostly because I thought I was "tuff" and didn't want to admit I needed pain pills on a regular basis to manage my pain. I had been taught that having to take pain meds regularly meant you were addicted and a junkie. Nothing could be further from the truth, I have found.)

I have found that I have to take more medicine overall if I let the pain get past a certain level. Now I can tell when I need to take more (or can get away with taking less) most times. Only time it catches me off guard is when the weather patterns are moving around. While I am grateful for all the rain, it has been a double-edged sword ... Cuz I can't take enough medication to stop the headaches when the weather is active ...

Another thing I have learned. Though the muscle relaxants tend to "dope me up" worse than the pain meds, they are what keep my neck from tightening up (which causes me pain). I used to treat the pain and try to ignore the muscle spasms ... and ... I was doing it backwards. If I keep the muscle spasms under control I don't have to take near as much of the pain medication -- Which means I'm taking less meds overall.

Basically, it's a balancing act and it will take some time for him to find what works best for him. Don't be afraid to experiment a little within the realm of accepted dosages.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either way, talk to your doc or pharmacist and get your answer from a first party source. Pharmacists are a wealth of valuable knowledge that's applicable to everyday life, make your pharmacist your friend :). We had a close family friend growing up that was a pharmacist and it's was his personal mission in life to educate us on making the right decisions when purchasing or taking common medications. Nowadays most people know about generics and that you can pay $20 for a packet of Benadryl or you buy a whole bottle of diphenhydramine for $10 but back then most people didn't know that. Even today they are a wealth of knowledge, plus if they're a friend, you can call them at home to ask questions and they can't put you on hold lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom